• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dumplings

Bumping this back up because I had great steamed dumplings at Full Kee for lunch today. I went to the Baileys location and had a great meal. I really loved the dumplings. I may not be too good with the search engine because I couldn't find something for the VA location--and I think I've seen it discussed here. Maybe not :wacko:

I had hot and sour soup, steamed dumplings, and eggplant in garlic sauce. It was a wonderful meal. Leftovers for dinner.

[edit because I just realized I spelled the name of the restaurant wrong :blush:]

Edited by PatDC (log)

Yum, more about dumplings.

I had dumplings (meat, fried) on Saturday. They were from Chen's which has never been my favorite, but it was the ex's call (he's sick, he gets to pick). They were better than they've been in the past - not all huge and doughy. I liked the more compact size and shape, but the flavors just don't taste right to me.

Tonight, after a workout at the gym that really kicked my a$$, I just ordered delivery from Spices including...fried meat dumplings of course. I wish these weren't as hard as they usually are, but the flavors taste right to me.

If you're ever up the in Rockville area, get some pan fried dumpling/buns from prepared foods area of Kam San market. They sell 'em pretty cheap and they're soooooo tasty when they're fresh (best bet is on a weekend morning or weekday lunch if you're working in the area). It's kinda like a hybrid "xiao long bao"/dumpling/bao thing - thicker dough than what a typical potsticker is but not as thick as a bao. The bottoms are nice and crisp and the tops are sprinkled with sesame seeds and scallions.

Oh, they do a great "been dan" (rice box) there. 3 items plus a large portion of rice for under 5 bucks. Man, I wish I worked nearby...

If you're ever up the in Rockville area, get some pan fried dumpling/buns from prepared foods area of Kam San market.  They sell 'em pretty cheap and they're soooooo tasty when they're fresh (best bet is on a weekend morning or weekday lunch if you're working in the area).  It's kinda like a hybrid "xiao long bao"/dumpling/bao thing - thicker dough than what a typical potsticker is but not as thick as a bao.  The bottoms are nice and crisp and the tops are sprinkled with sesame seeds and scallions.

Oh, they do a great "been dan" (rice box) there.  3 items plus a large portion of rice for under 5 bucks.  Man, I wish I worked nearby...

There's a Kam Sam market in Annandale also, off 236 on Markham Road - in the same tiny shopping mall as A&J and Maria's Bakery (yum!).