• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: Vin Santo di Moris, Moris Farms, 1993

Alberto

15 % ABV.

Probably bottled in 1998, the next vintage has been the 1995 (19,5% ABV! :shock:) which sports the Monteregio di Massa Marittima DOC.

Topaz color. A petrolly varnish note, almond oil, pork fat, cinnamon, nutmeg, saffron and a dozen of other oriental spices. With some air I also get menthol balsam. Quite light in body but with a gorgeous buttery texture. After a lightly honeyed start it gets very dry with substantial acidity and a wonderful and definite strong black bitter chocolate note together with interesting and elegant (yes) forest aromas (wet leaves and nuts on the floor, fungal notes, resin) that have the last say in the finish. In this kind of wines I've sometimes encountered some "off" notes in the finish, but this is not the case. Wow! :raz:

And I think that it will get better in the bottle.

Alberto :smile: