• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Goodfellas

PaulaJK

Is it a chain??

I hope not!! :wink:

As a Italian-American, I'd find that racist. :wink:

Not as bad as those efffin Olvie Garden commericals with Aldo & Carlo. To be honest with you, two of my best friends are named Aldo & Carlo and they own a Italian restaurant named Luigi's........... but that's a different story.

Great to be in the business. :huh:

Edited by Lreda (log)

A long time ago (before graduating college) it was working as a truck driver and I asked the people at this restaurant if I could borrow their telephone to make a local call (this was before cell phones were popular). They said no and gave me an attitude. They looked down upon me like I was not evenworthy of using their phone. I vowed that I would never eat in their restaurant. Now that I am older and eat meals out frequently I refused to even try this place. Like there aren't enough Italian restaurants in the North Jersey area! Not that one unknown person could really hurt their business if their food and service is at least decent- but if feels good to know that they will never get any of my business or that of my family and friends. Paybacks are a bitch.

GoodEater

Vivo per mangiare!

• 2 years later...

I was here for the first time about 10 years ago, I'm guessing. Some friends who travel all week and live in restaurants were in town so remembering how good it was last time, I suggested it.

It was just as good, a pretty good menu selection, and the service was nothing short of fantastic. They were impressed and complimented my choice over and over again. I was pretty damn pleased considering that I can be satisfied with a good burger or slice of pizza!!

I believe someone already posted the website but since this hasn't been active since 2004, I'll post it again - www.goodfellasnj.com

You can find their menu online, prices included! I had the pollo francese and my fellow diners had seafood dishes, of which they loved.

Give it a try if you are in the area, unless of course they snubbed you - hell, I wouldn't go back either!!

I was here for the first time about 10 years ago, I'm guessing.  Some friends who travel all week and live in restaurants were in town so remembering how good it was last time, I suggested it.

It was just as good, a pretty good menu selection, and the service was nothing short of fantastic.  They were impressed and complimented my choice over and over again.  I was pretty damn pleased considering that I can be satisfied with a good burger or slice of pizza!!

I believe someone already posted the website but since this hasn't been active since 2004, I'll post it again - www.goodfellasnj.com

You can find their menu online, prices included!  I had the pollo francese and my fellow diners had seafood dishes, of which they loved.

Give it a try if you are in the area, unless of course they snubbed you - hell, I wouldn't go back either!!

When we came to NJ two years ago to look at houses prior to moving to the state THIS is where my husband took me. Not sure how he found it but it was a great place, the food was good, nice variety of usuals and a couple of regional dishes along with daily specials, all perfectly cooked, and served by extremely excellent staff - the best service I've had in Jersey, although that may be because we dine out on Saturdays and not Thursday nights, which this was!

Still searching for hash browns in Jersey.

It was my first restaurant review for The Record! I gave it two stars. I think I was just about right. Nothing outstanding, standard menu. It was like a nice 1970s kind of Italian-American joint; not Italian really.