• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

There is no edit history to show, or this comment was edited by a moderator.

• Similar Content

• By onemorebitedelara.com
      Has anyone used Valrhona Absolut Crystal neutral glaze particularly to thicken a coulis or to glaze a tart?  If so, how did you like it and is there another glaze you think worked as well but is less expensive or can be purchased in smaller quantities?  
    • By eglies
      We are new Chocolatiers 3 months in business and doing well. We are looking for mentors people who are in production and can help us grow in the right direction. We need to take some decisions to invest now before the holiday season and want to make sure we are doing the right moves. 
      If we need to pay for this service we don’t have a big budget but will try.  We will try to get help to avoid any mistakes and will take a loan for this investment. 
      Look forward to hear from you guys
      thks

• By Tiffany B
      Hello, 

I am new to this forum. It is nice to meet you all.

For August I have 2 big custom chocolate jobs and would love to know if I can paint the molds with tempered cocoa butter weeks in advance and then shell, fill, cap, at the last minute?
      Will the paint hold and be shiny and beautiful? 

Thanks in advance
    • By Ciordia9
      I've read some older threads on here about keeping your cocoa butter warm in a dehydrator. We picked up a NutriChef PKFD32 which was the closest we could find to a recommended one (2016/2018) and none of our bottles fit. Which had us ask--are people putting their bottles preset in here or are you using cups/transferring and cleaning your bottles over and over? Also if the PKFD32 isn't what we should be using, is there one generally people like now?

We've grown up from cheap airbrushes to the Grex line and we're attempting to get much more serious about our airbrush techniques. It's been long enough. Any thoughts, tips, tricks, or considerations are greatly appreciated.
    • By eglies
      Hey guys!

Im looking for the ultimate tool to make this design i have attached. 
      What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!