• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pinot Noir

rshorens

I've been looking around for moderately-priced pinot noirs to have with everyday dinners at home. I liked Saintsbury Garnet and Parker Ridge. Yesterday I had Laurier pinot noir (Los Carneros district of Napa) and really enjoyed its fruit and body with my meal of ribeye steak, asparagus, and salad. It was a great buy for $7.99 at my local Trader Joe's in Santa Cruz, CA. Does anyone have any other suggestions for wines that would be relatively easy to find?

Roz

Thanks to an earlier recomendation by Florida Jim, I have really enjoyed Lindeman's Bin 99 Pinot Noir. It is a little cheaper at 5.99 to 6.99 here in TN.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little more expensive, but I had the Oyster Bay Pinot Noir (Marlborough, NZ) 2002 and thought it absolutely outstanding, a very nice lean pinot, with lovely black cherry and strawberry flavors. I believe it retailed for $12.99 in the Boston area.

Search out the Castle Rock selections made by Greg Popovich... Great values for around 10 to 12 $...

Also the Adelsheim Wallace Pinot, a little more expensive...

Adam

Chef - Food / Wine / Travel Consultant - Writer

Search out the Castle Rock selections made by Greg Popovich... Great values for around 10 to 12 $...

Also the Adelsheim Wallace Pinot, a little more expensive...

We like the Castle Rock, too. Usually $9.99 around here. We're trying out the Lindeman's tonight, though.

Gourmet Anarchy

• 2 weeks later...
Search out the Castle Rock selections made by Greg Popovich...

We like the Castle Rock, too. Usually $9.99 around here.

Yeah, count me as a fan of the Castle Rock too. I finally found it at the Oakville Grocery and snagged a case for $115.00 the other day. Exceptional value for a Pinot in Napa.

Dave Valentin

Retired Explosive Detection K9 Handler

"So, what if we've got it all backwards?" asks my son.

"Got what backwards?" I ask.

"What if chicken tastes like rattlesnake?" My son, the Einstein of the family.