• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oxford Mississippi L&M Kitchen and Salumeria

Tater

My favorite town in the world (and not just because of my Ole Miss alma mater) has a new place called L&M Kitchen and Salumeria. We picked up a to-go pressed sandwich last night. Mrs. Tater got the sausage/ragu and I got the house special with prosciutto, coppa and another forgotten italian pork product. Excellent italian cheeses too. Great atmosphere and really good service.

EDIT: I'll update more when we try more. They have antipasta, ensalata, pasta and entrees as well.

Edited by Tater (log)

we miss our trips to Oxford now that the SEC changed our schedule & we do not play Ole Miss over there every other year. &, of course it figures now that we do not make the trek as often they have finished hwy 78 across 'bama.

We would hit City Grocery or Taylor's Grocery (depending on our mood) the first night, tailgate on campus all day on Saturday, eat on Sat wherever we did not visit on Friday & then spend Sun a.m. @ Square Books & get lunch wherever the cashier recommended.

there was a place up in Holly Springs we tried a few years back. It had just opened & was in an old garage The food was excellent but we have not had an opportunity to go back & I was wondering if it was still there. I can not remember the name to save my life (HS is not that big so this should not be a serious issue--Fuss seems to think it was Sabrina's or Selena's or something similar). I do remember that they did not have a liquor/wine license yet so we took in about a dozen bottles of assorted booze for the ten of us & had other patrons visiting our table for libations.

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

Lan4Dawg-

We hate missing out on trips to Athens too. A casualty of the high finance of college football.

I'll have to check on that Holly Springs suggestion...Sounds great. Generally if we are that close to Oxford, we hit City Grocery or Taylor or any number of places. Pizza Den sadly has gone downhill since Pizza Bob was killed and it's been taken off of our list. It used to have the best muffaletta north of Amite, La.

A quick yellowpages search for Holly Springs lists Annie's Restaurant, Nadine's City Cafe, Phillips Grocery and a bunch of chains.

Try to get back to Oxford soon. I would guess you would be shocked at the growth and changes both on and off campus. Mostly for the good unless you are trying to buy real estate.

Gregg

Phillips' Grocery sounds familiar but I would hate to lead you in the wrong direction. It has also been a couple of years so the place might not even be there anymore.

I remember that everyone in Holly Springs suggested it starting w/ the woman who gave the walking/driving map of HS to me at the Chamber of Commerce. It was on the right hand side of the road as you entered HS proper and was a converted garage/car lot or similar. The ambience was stark at best but the food was memorable.

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.