• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

AquaKnox

I am trying to look into the new fish restaurant that opened in the venetian. Can someone tell me the influences this place has. The prices and the atmosphere. I am taking a customer here and will be trying to impress..

Thanks.

Hey thanks alot. I actually just got the menu faxed over before i had the chance to see your post. The place is pretty expensive which unfortunately translates over to this customer as quality..

I spoke to the girl answering the phone and she informed me that the Canyon Star is no longer there and that they are in its place. I will try to scan the menu on to the board.

Unless you're wedded to the idea of seafood you might want to consider VALENTINO. The service is always flawless and the food delicious (at least based on several visits). If I were trying to impress someone I think I would ask many people for their opinions rather than just taking a chance on an unknown restaurant. Good Luck !

• 2 weeks later...

I am a fan of valentino as well, but i wanted to show a customer that i remembered that they enjoyed seafood restaurants.

At first site, aquaknox looks very hip, almost clubby. The restaurant is very opened to the lobby of the venetian. It is very dark, and is lit with blue neon lights. I was thinking that the customers would think it was too dark or having trouble seeing the menu, but it is actually brighter then it appears to be while looking into the space.

The menu is almost all seafood, however i was assured that the obligatory cuts of beef and chicken dish were excellent(by the waiter) For an appetiser i split the stone claws and shrimp cocktail with someone. I also had a few oysters which were high quality. All though they had only two choices. Kumimoto and another pacific northwest oyster. I guess understandable for vegas. For main course three people got the scallops at the table and i had a table side deboned durade. It was excellent. It was the best prepared fish i have had in a long time. And i have been eating a lot of fish lately.

For dessert we ordered a white and milk chocolate fondue. It came with cheese cake, rasberry, strawberry's, pound cake, and a few other dessert items. It was excellent.

A downside would be that the restaurant is very expensive. But it was perfect for the occasion. Anyone looking for great seafood I would highly reccomend.