• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nobu in Vegas? Yeah or Nay?

My only visit to Nobu in Vegas was really really poor - the staff was clueless, our entrees came out on a completely random schedule, and our server was kind enough to drown a plate of sushi in sake while trying to pour for us. I wasn't at all impressed.

Went there last year in March. Service was so so. But the food was great.

We had the omakase (sp?), chef's tasting menu, with wine pairing.

Would go again if I was in Vegas.

This is my first Nobu experience, so I cannot compare to other Nobu's.

My foodie friend, Charley, keeps insisting and insisting that it's one of the best meals in his life. The five-day marinated sea bass or something like that. He is relentless in encouraging us to go there. Maybe next time: we had bigger fish to fry this time. (Like the whole catfish at Lotus of Siam. Swoon!)

Interesting experience last time I was there. Two tables away from us was Dennis Rodman eating dinner in a bathrobe.......It was hard to focus on the meal.

I consider it a Nobu-lite experience. The LV location is a great way to experience the Nobu menu if you do not get to the other locations. Service and decor are not in the same league as NY or London.

I have been to nobu in vegas, ny, and london.. I can say that for me the experiences rank in the previous order. I love the laid back atmosphere that you get in vegas.. NY is just way too much of a bother and the food is exactly the same as in Vegas.. And as for london, i just think the food sucked.

I've been to Nobu LV several times and always been pleased with food/service. Definitely recommond the omikase (tasting menu) for the sheer variety and portion size. If you find yourself still hungry you can just keep ordering more !

I had a very good meal there. For what it's worth it was Thanksgiving week and the waiter described it to us as their slowest week of the year (though the Stones were due at the Hard Rock the next weekend, so the lull was brief)- so I don't know if it is different when busy, as Nobu in NYC is every day of the year.

I eat at Nobu in NYC with some frequency, and have tried Matsuhisa in LA on a night when the chef was present, and I'd give the Las Vegas outpost high marks.

For what it's worth I don't eat sushi at Nobu or surrender my wallet to omakase. I stick to the many wonderful dishes the chef (and Mr. Morimoto) have perfected such as the black cod with miso, rock shrimp tempura, squid pasta, and whatever the waitperson says is good that particular evening.

I ate there two evenings in a row last spring, sitting at the sushi bar each time. The chefs were fairly easy to engage and were very willing to make suggestions. The quality of the sushi was fantastic. So much better than what we generally get here in the East.

Liam

Eat it, eat it

If it's gettin' cold, reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it -- Weird Al Yankovic