• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SEA] restaurant suggestions..

Hi, I have a friend who is travelling to SEA this coming weekend to Visit U W grad school. She is a celiac travelling with a vegetarian, and they are wondering about restaurants in the area of the University which will be accomodating to dietary restrictions but still serve interesting food. Any Suggestions are appreciated

"The Internet is just a world passing around notes in a classroom."

---John Stewart

my blog

how about cedar's? indian and middle eastern. the food doesn't blow me away but is consistently solid, and it's easy for both a vegetarian and someone with celiac disease to do indian food (skipping the naan bread for the latter).

also, how about the cheap greek place on the ave? i can't remember the name, but i'm sure someone else here will know. it's next to the wing dome place.

Is the "cheap greek place" on the Ave you are talking about "The Continental Restaurant" kieran? With the blue sign? I think there are just off of 45th.

They have good "fries" there. Circles of potatoes, scallopped cut and herbed. Yum.

Is the "cheap greek place" on the Ave you are talking about "The Continental Restaurant" kieran? With the blue sign? I think there are just off of 45th.

They have good "fries" there. Circles of potatoes, scallopped cut and herbed. Yum.

thanks -- that's the place! i agree about the fries. i always substitute those for rice pilaf or order them as a side if they don't automatically come with my order.