• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Blog!

Marlene

Marlene--I think it's pretty funny that others' blogs made you nervous...because your blog is so lovely it's made ME nervous!

Thank you so much for doing this. :smile:

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

I am so sorry to see this blog end! I enjoyed hearing about your son and what he ate as well as the pictures and your beautiful house. We have a sunroom off of our kitchen too and I'll admit that it's the reason that I bought this house in the first place. Good luck to you and the family.

Melissa

Marlene:

Though I've not piped up during your blog week (I was speechless with awe at your lovely home, lovely family and fabulous meals), just wanted to say what a great read this has been. Thanks for letting us in on the inner workings at your house. It's been most enjoyable.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Grand!!

Marlene, I peeked in all week, nicely done. You talked me into a new rotisserie. :wink:

woodburner

I did? How the hell did I do that? :blink:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I can't tell you how much fun this has been! It felt weird tonight, not having to take pictures of everything I cooked :biggrin: .

And yes the sunroom is lovely, however, it's also a pain. We had to replace every single pane of glass (and there's a lot of it) because the seals had failed. The sunrrom is also the centre of an ongoing (now 5 year old) lawsuit against our house inspector :blink: . But it is a great room to hang out in.

Thanks again! :wub:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.