• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I will never...

jhlurie

I will never tolerate people injecting political or religious remarks into food related discussions, (except with obviously humerous intent), and will combat any such attempts with satirical or caustic remarks of my own with no regard for threatened sanctions.

If I offended you, please accept my apology.

I will never do it again. (That wasn't meant sarcastically -- just seemed apropos for the thread.)

My fantasy? Easy -- the Simpsons versus the Flanders on Hell's Kitchen.

-No boxed mac & cheese?  You obviously aren't eating the original kraft blue box....nothing could be finer

Apparently not. The poster made the obvious mistake of eating the contents rather than the packaging. :biggrin:

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

I will never eat fast-food fries, because I like the good ones way too much. (I might, however, reach over and snitch a couple from your bag.)

I believe that's related to the same law that says there are no calories in desserts you didn't order. If you eat from someone else's plate, it's guilt free.

It may also be related to the thinking that says if you don't buy cigarettes, you've officially stopped smoking.

:biggrin:

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

i'll never say never. i know better. :rolleyes:

edit: ok, well, i just saw a Red Lobster commerical pushing their "lobster pizza". i don't think so.

... And I'll NEVER eat at Red Lobster. :wacko:

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

Dude, I'll eat almost anything, anywhere. I eat boxed macaroni all the time. So maybe I shouldn't post to this thread.

Oh wait. I won't eat fake butter products. I guess that's one.

Noise is music. All else is food.

I will never dip my hands in a sink of soapy water, unless I know what is in that water --- that is sharp.

I will never wear loose, long ,sleeves when I am cooking or working with pans (woks) with long handles.

I will never reach for the nutmeg, thinking it is curry.

I will never push 10 minutes on the microwave, when I mean to push 1 minute.

I will never sit next to a right-handed person at the table, if I can help it.

I will never say 'never' about food related thingies --------oops-- I already did!

I will never assume someone has done my prep for me.

I will never look away when dicing chicken with my cleaver.

I will never cut towards my left hand while cleaning a large piece of beef.

I will never not pay attention while using a hand dicer.

I will never use anti-scarring cream when I burn myself.

I will never go to the ER 24 hours after I've done any of the above.

I will never read this thread whilst drinking anything both alcoholic and carbonated... it burns!

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I will never go on the Atkins diet or succumb to low-carb marketing.

I will never fry meals.

I will never eat rare meat.

I will never cook corned beef.

I will never be drunk.

I will never like cheese.

I will never drizzle real butter over popcorn.

I will never try es cargot or caviar.

I will never be drunk.

I will never like cheese.

I will never drizzle real butter over popcorn.

I will never be pals with you. :wink::laugh::wink:

I will never attempt to eat oatmeal again. In any way, shape of form. The stuff was made by satan, tastes like library paste, and makes me gag. I don't care WHO says it's good for me...oatmeal can just fek off! :cool: