• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cancun

marthapook

Hi marthapook,

You may already be lying on some of that beautiful white sand, soaking up the rays as I write this, but-

I would recommend Los Almendros in Cancun city for Yucatecan dishes (inexpensive too!) and second the vote for La Distelleria. Sampling the vintage tequila flights was a real eye-opener for me, as I didn't think I liked the stuff. The waitstaff there is very knowledgeable and friendly as well.

not there yet - but all of the above will be printed and in my lap on the plane down there - thanks for the help and info all

can't wait - it's sand and margaritas this time next week!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Back yet? :cool:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

• 4 years later...

Ok guys hitting Cancun right after spring break. Staying at the Sun Palace, tes it's all inclusive but I know I'm going to want to try some local foods. Any ideas, suggestions or advice.

Thanks

Tom

I want food and I want it now

• 3 weeks later...

I second the La Lomita rec.

In the Cancun hotel zone, look for El Fish Fritanga, just south of La Isla mall, next to the Domino's. You go down the steps to the lagoon and fish-taco heaven.

In downtown, I loooove Los Huaraches de Alcatraces, on the southeast corner of Parque de las Palapas. Only open till about 4pm, though. In the evenings, the vendors on the park are delish.

Oh, and those Ty-Coz sandwich shops: yummy! France meets Mex!

Zora O’Neill aka "Zora"

Roving Gastronome