• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Triangle Area Dining Club

scottie

Very thorough website. I think I've picked out my dinner already!

Tuesday the 11 would be best for us, as I work the other nights.

And directions would be great! We're coming from the west (Chapel Hill).

Ok it is looking like Tues the 11th then...

So far Scottie + 1

Random Alias + 1

Weka (+1 maybe)

Others?

I will make the reservation later this week and look into the directions, if you like.

- Weka

"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."

- Goethe

Ok that puts us at 7 with my +1 maybe or arriving late. Does 7:30 work for folks on Tues. the 11th of May?

- Weka

"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."

- Goethe

Varmint!!

I can't believe you!

What are you waiting for, a gilded invitation to Allen and Sons?!

You will be sadly missed. Somewhere, a greased pig contest sighs in despair.

Anyhoo, Hen and I expect to see the rest of you folks at the Towers next Tuesday the 11th.

At 7:30.

I hear appams are a delightful treat!

Ok, eveyone. Booking is made for 7:30 at Towers Restaurant under the name "eGullet"

Mapquest has a good line on how to get there... http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...arch=++Search++

You can back out and do driving directions from your point of origin to

144 Morrisville Square Way

(Near Morrisville Fire Station)

Morrisville, NC 27560

See you on Tuesday evening -

Weka

- Goethe

Is it too late for me to join (no +1)? I'll be about 10 minutes late because I have to drop my dog off before the restaurant.

Let me know!

Thanks!

SML

Edited by sml311 (log)

"When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!" --Ralph Wiggum

"I don't support the black arts: magic, fortune telling and oriental cookery." --Flanders

Is it too late for me to join (no +1)? I'll be about 10 minutes late because I have to drop my dog off before the restaurant.

Let me know!

Thanks!

SML

SML -

It shouldn't be, I will give them a ring tomorrow. Also I may bring a friend with me as my husband is a definite no show this time. He is on Las Vegas time supporting a show from here, i.e. no normal dinner for him.

That would make us a total of 8 or 9.

I doubt we will be done perusing the menu before you arrive :rolleyes:

- Weka

- Goethe

This place is really easy to find.

Take I-40 to Aviation Parkway

Head West on Aviation Parkway (i.e. away from the airport)

Stay on that road until you cross some train tracks

--there will be a fire station right after

Turn left into the first big shopping center - it's at most 1/4 mile past the tracks

In total it's about 3 miles from I-40.

....just don't confuse Aviation Parkway with Airport Blvd

Well, bummer. It looks like Heath and I can't make it. I'm not feeling so hot. [Whine] I've had the same dizzying sinus headache for three days...I hate Spring [/Whine].

Anyway, Heath is being sweet despite my incessant whining, and is going to keep me company and make me lots of hot tea, so he won't be coming either.

I'm totally bummed because I love The Towers.. You guys are going to like it a lot, I'm sure. Eat tons and report back!

Catch y'all next time.

Gourmet Anarchy