• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

internet learning

duckduck

What are the best sites out there for learning about pastry and what do they teach? What resources have you guys come across? Books are spendy and I have a limited budget, especially when the books on things like sugar pulling can run into the one. two or even three hunderd dollar range. Are there sites out there that actually teach specific skills? What have you guys found?

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but it got no response and I'll love to know of other instructional sites as well. Any suggestions?

Edited by CanadianBakin' (log)

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

The best online site for learning is this one:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showforum=72

That's exactly what I thought as well.... with the amass of wonderful helpful knowlegeable people here, the wealth of information would be very hard to beat elsewhere. Most especially that you can get answers to your specific questions.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse

I have found an interesting site that is strictly cakes.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums.html

I've found some interesting links that are good for inspiration while bouncing around in there.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."