• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Chocolates in NYC

matcohen

.........coming back to this interesting thread what is the word on your side of the pond about Larry Burdick.........I rarely, if ever see his name mentioned when serious chocolatiers are mentioned in the US  yet some of my Swiss friends rate him very highly and I respect their judgement..........just curious.......an unbiased opinion from anyone please?

L.A. Burdick's chocolates altered my perception of chocolate forever after I had them on a visit to Cambridge MA. Small crisp bursts of serious chocolate flavor, unique fillings. Not sweet or sugary at all. I especially love the cocoa-dusted cognac-flavored truffles. My sis once sent me a special limited Chinese New Year gift box and it was revelatory, flavors like five-spice and green tea, awesome. I highly recommend them, and they're not even that pricey for gourmet chocolate. (check out their website).

I just visited Jacques Torres' new Chocolate Haven factory in Tribeca. A fun place. The frozen wicked chocolate is awesome. Jacques himself was there, playing with somebody's baby.

• 5 months later...

In the 8 February 2006 edition of the LA Times Food Section Digest, there's an article, A tasting of California artisan chocolates / by Betty Hallock.

Here's a list of California artisan chocolates included in the article:

Woodhouse Chocolate

Donnelly Chocolates

Boule

Michael Mischer Chocolates in Oakland

Jin Patisserie

Recchiuti Confections

XOX Truffles

La Dolce V

L'Artisan du Chocolat

Chuao Chocolatier

Frances in Little Tokyo, downtown Los Angeles

Charles Chocolates

Comparte's

Mind you, I've never tried any of these. Perhaps another "research" project ...

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

• 1 month later...

Hi everbody......

I was digging on the internet and I find this small artisan chocolate company in central PA,I ordered a 20 piece box and was very pleased with their product.

so if you would like to try check their website www.chocolatfl.com .