• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamie Kennedy's Wine Bar

innocente

I probably eat at this place as much as any other place in Toronto. Wanted to grab a small dinner before my big meal at Perigee so my girl and I strolled down to Church St for some nibbles. My food choices are boringly typical and redundant but that says a lot for the consistency and quality of the food being made. Yukon Gold fries with Lemon and mayo, Organic greens, Black Cod, Hokkaido Scallops, Short Ribs, Entrecote of Beef, Cheese plate, Goujons, Duck Confit. etc. We started with Lillet Blanc, a bottle of tasty Verdejo, and an excellent Bottle of Bruno Giacosa Dolcetto. 4-5 Dessert wines for the girlfriend and it was an evening well spent. Sante to Jamie Drummond, maybe one of the most complete wine lists I've perused with just about any region, varietal, or style represented. We were there late and the chef was actually in in the house with filthy whites. Maybe not from there he was putting in an honest nights work at one of his outposts. Always good to see that from someone at that level.

We went to JK Wine Bar for Mother's Day brunch yesterday, and it was fabulous. We arrived at opening time - 11:00 - and the food and service were stellar.

I love the fact that you get to order any two items on the menu for the prix fixe price of $20 per person. Even the picky 15-year-old loved her meal. We'd never been there for brunch before; we'll definitely return.