• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Name this Vietnamese Restaurant

Rachel Perlow

The number of licenses is restricted to X number in the town.

That already is an existing license, so no extra rigamarole to go through.

Plenty of rigmarole. Trenton has to approve any transaction involving liquor licenses, the new owner would have to be approved, so I'm sure she cannot buy it and then resell it. The old owner kept the license, and sold it to someone else.

Is this going to be in the same location they used to have on Abbot Ave near Café Boulevard?

Believe it or not ANOTHER Soup/Noodle shop is opening in that spot. They just put the sign up Saturday, although it's not open yet.

It's a Chinese noodle and soup shop, not Vietnamese, but still... the coincidence is eerie.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Is this going to be in the same location they used to have on Abbot Ave near Café Boulevard?

Believe it or not ANOTHER Soup/Noodle shop is opening in that spot. They just put the sign up Saturday, although it's not open yet.

It's a Chinese noodle and soup shop, not Vietnamese, but still... the coincidence is eerie.

I'm not convinced its a noodle soup place. It doesn't have any seating. I think the noodle soup picture on it is just a generic indication its Chinese food. The sign doesn't say anything else about it being noodle soup other than that.

Also, since the place has no seating, I'm not sure how effective it will be. KT's original place succeeded in there DESPITE the fact it was a crappy location. Every other restaurant or takeout business in that spot has failed miserably.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host