• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ice Cream Machines

Cephalopunk

10 minutes ago, ccp900 said:

Ruben has one in his site he was using the nemox crea 5k. Bigger brother of the 3k.

I want a Musso 4080:at least or better the 5030.  

Since I've used a Lello forever, and since I think it's gonna croak at some point, my perusing of reviews has led me to want a Whynter. Have you had a gander at those machines at a much, much lower price point?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

On 8/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, weinoo said:

Since I've used a Lello forever, and since I think it's gonna croak at some point, my perusing of reviews has led me to want a Whynter. Have you had a gander at those machines at a much, much lower price point?

Also not available locally so unfortunate

7 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

What are your ice cream maker choices locally?

Cuisinart. Delonghi I think is here. Then it’s all the Italians carpigiani. Bravo and nemox. We also have the cheap ones like the vevor but unbranded.  The Clone or off brands don’t have the countertop versions like the musso 5030/4080

i think even bravo has started to pull out. I don’t see the old distributor carry them now

for me to get the ice100 I had to pay the price of a musso 4080 and that was discounted too

Edited by ccp900 (log)
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Two weeks ago, I bought an 18 year old Nemox Gelato 3000 pro. Although I still have to replace one part of the silicon scrapers, it already provides excellent ice cream. Therefore, can't wait for the package to come in on Tuesday: new scrapers and lid for the Nemox.

I bought it because it was clean, nothing was broken and the freezer and scrapers were still doing their job. What I've learned is that Nemox will still supply parts for this model for the next ten years. And, personally, I still expect it to work after that time. It took a while to find all documentation, but Nemox was happy to provide it, even though it was not present anymore on their site.

There is just one downfall: some parts are questionably expensive. For example, the 5mm wingnut on top would set me back $12. Ended up buying that one localy for 50c. Luckily, I didn't need to replace any expensive part. Expected the plastic lid to be expensive, but that one was the same price as the 5mm wingnut. Go figure...

nemox gelato pro 3000.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/28/2020 at 2:53 AM, Lieuwe said:

Two weeks ago, I bought an 18 year old Nemox Gelato 3000 pro. Although I still have to replace one part of the silicon scrapers, it already provides excellent ice cream. Therefore, can't wait for the package to come in on Tuesday: new scrapers and lid for the Nemox.

I bought it because it was clean, nothing was broken and the freezer and scrapers were still doing their job. What I've learned is that Nemox will still supply parts for this model for the next ten years. And, personally, I still expect it to work after that time. It took a while to find all documentation, but Nemox was happy to provide it, even though it was not present anymore on their site.

There is just one downfall: some parts are questionably expensive. For example, the 5mm wingnut on top would set me back $12. Ended up buying that one localy for 50c. Luckily, I didn't need to replace any expensive part. Expected the plastic lid to be expensive, but that one was the same price as the 5mm wingnut. Go figure...

nemox gelato pro 3000.jpg

As mentioned a few days ago, I was still waiting for a set of new scrapers. They arrived just this morning. I needed them, but looking at the price I paid: $30... Let's see how well they scan.

silicone scrapers nemox 3000 pro.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lieuwe said:

As mentioned a few days ago, I was still waiting for a set of new scrapers. They arrived just this morning. I needed them, but looking at the price I paid: $30... Let's see how well they scan.

silicone scrapers nemox 3000 pro.jpg

And now installed.

silicone scrapers nemox 3000 pro installed.jpg

• Like 2