• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Happy Mardi Gras!

I'm bummed.  My muffuletta was supposed to be here today.  UPS tells me a shipping label was created, but it's never shipped.  Sigh.  I'm going to scrounge around to see what I can find here.  I think I have some andouille sausage.  I know I have some crawfish tails.  Internet has been down for me....dunno if it's because it feels like -30 or what, but it needs to stay up 'cause I have some googling to do!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
24 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Happy Mardi Gras!

I'm bummed.  My muffuletta was supposed to be here today.  UPS tells me a shipping label was created, but it's never shipped.  Sigh.  I'm going to scrounge around to see what I can find here.  I think I have some andouille sausage.  I know I have some crawfish tails.  Internet has been down for me....dunno if it's because it feels like -30 or what, but it needs to stay up 'cause I have some googling to do!

Am I the only one who hears that in Desi Arnaz' voice?

• Haha 7

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

We are having a simple American pancake and sausage supper.  We are picking it up at church where they are basically doing a drive-thru.  Normally it is a fund raiser for/by the youth group and a chance for the entire church (8am and 10am attendees) to get together and visit.  That won't happen this year, of course, but I'm glad that we are keeping things up anyway.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I should also point out that a "pint" wasn't standardised until 1826, some 240 years after the recipe was published, so we can't be sure exactly how much was used. It varied widely.

I was wondering about that and had put aside some time later today to determine when the pint became standardized. But you have saved me the trouble!  

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog