• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alcohol Abominations

sml311

Okay, so I KNEW I needed to get drunk tonight but (of course) was too lazy to go and get (or make) decent mixers.

So I made a truly, deeply horrible cocktail from the contents of my liquor cabinet and refrigerator:

1oz reposado dark tequila

1oz light rum

1oz triple sec

3/4oz gin

1.5oz pineapple juice

3/4oz sweetned lime juice

stired with ice and served in a plastic glass. (Last one in my apartment...the dishwasher's running right now.)

It really doesn't taste that great AT ALL, but it's growing on me. Sweet on top with the rum and pineapple and a bitter finish from the rest. And after a couple, I'm well on my way to drunk.

I thought other people might have really bad cocktail recipes they'd like to share. Drinking ideas gone horribly wrong and the like...

Another bad one I had at someone else's party (and lord knows I was too drunk to get the measurements, so I've listed them in order of amount, I think):

tequila

vodka

grain alcohol

blue curacao

peach scnapps

Really, really bad, but great for getting drunk.

SML

"When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!" --Ralph Wiggum

"I don't support the black arts: magic, fortune telling and oriental cookery." --Flanders

1 part coffee

1 part Dr. Pepper

1 part Peach Schnapps

And, I wonder why my liver is messed up. Thank you, 3rd year of college. I won't even bother you with the name I saw for it.

Edited to add a pesky comma.

Edited by jsolomon (log)

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

From what I've heard, Moxie is an acquired taste, so I can imagine that Moxie and bourbon would be....interesting...

Always wanted to try Moxie though, but I think it's more of a Northern thing.

As far as Dr. Pepper...I think it tastes bad without liquor, so I can't imagine it as a mixer! I'll keep that in mind if a friend tries..."Friends don't let friends drink liquor with Dr. Pepper." :wacko:

SML

"I don't support the black arts: magic, fortune telling and oriental cookery." --Flanders

the charmingly named Gorilla Snot Shot. Take a mouthful of Baileys, hold it in your mouth, then add a mouthful of Rose's lime juice cordial. Instant curdling of the cream in the Baileys. Like holding a wad of paper fibre in your mouth. Seems to be something about third year at university...

Fi Kirkpatrick

tofu fi fie pho fum

"Your avatar shoes look like Marge Simpson's hair." - therese

How about the "Parents Won't Notice" Elixir. This consists of taking about a half-inch out of each single bottle in the liquor cabinet, combining in a Mason Jar, and then mixing with Mountain Dew. Ahhh, memories from 25 years ago!!!

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

1 part coffee

1 part Dr. Pepper

1 part Peach Schnapps

And, I wonder why my liver is messed up. Thank you, 3rd year of college. I won't even bother you with the name I saw for it.

Edited to add a pesky comma.

Did you mean coma?

the charmingly named Gorilla Snot Shot. Take a mouthful of Baileys, hold it in your mouth, then add a mouthful of Rose's lime juice cordial. Instant curdling of the cream in the Baileys. Like holding a wad of paper fibre in your mouth. Seems to be something about third year at university...

Eeeeeee and yuuuuuuuukkkk. Those are generally still referred to as Cement Mixers. The Bailey's curdles from the Rose's. Bleh!!!

the charmingly named Gorilla Snot Shot.  Take a mouthful of Baileys, hold it in your mouth, then add a mouthful of Rose's lime juice cordial.  Instant curdling of the cream in the Baileys.  Like holding a wad of paper fibre in your mouth.  Seems to be something about third year at university...

Eeeeeee and yuuuuuuuukkkk. Those are generally still referred to as Cement Mixers. The Bailey's curdles from the Rose's. Bleh!!!

I was working in the bar one night in my third year, and thought I'd get a first year with one of those when he asked for something different.

He actually liked them, and came back and had (And paid for) 4 more!

I love animals.

They are delicious.

1oz reposado dark tequila

1oz light rum

1oz triple sec

3/4oz gin

1.5oz pineapple juice

3/4oz sweetned lime juice

Could have made a sort of Long Island IT if you had any Coke in the house.

Not really a cocktail but when I lived in France they tended to drink Whisk(e)y/Bourbon with either coke or orange juice. Both truly disgusting.

There was a conconction made while I was working the RenFaire circuit in California called DARF'd (Drunk At Renaissance Faire).

It was essentially chocolate milk, kahlua, and everclear.

Nasy, nasty stuff.

The list of nasty stuff that was consumed in the name of being a teen is very long -- Mad Dog 20/20, Liquor cabinet Surprise (the take a little from every bottle), Iron City beer.

My favorite bad drink though is from my time on St. Thomas called the Bushwhacker. It's named after the particularly odd local phenomenon of guys who would jump out of the bushes in front of unsuspecting ladies and begin, you know, whacking....

Recipes vary, but basically

1 shot light rum

1 shot dark rum

1 shot vodka

1 shot tequila

1/2 shot kahlua

1/2 shot Bailey's

1/2 shot frangelica

Put in blender with ice

fill to top of ice with Coco Lopez and mix.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

The two most abominable things I can think of that I have actually consumed or witnessed consumption of said: In college (a theme in this thread), a friend of mine drank Dr. Pepper and vodka, henceforth named the Dr. Zhivago. Also, while in college, during my year abroad in Slovenia, I partied with some guys from a local garage band who were partial to Vodka Slammers: cheap vodka mixed with lemon or orange soda, cover the glass with your hand and slam it on the table to make it fizz. Bad, bad, nasty headache inducer.

Edited by ms. victoria (log)

Victoria Raschke, aka ms. victoria

Eat Your Heart Out: food memories, recipes, rants and reviews

What's wrong with bourbon and coke?

My nextdoor neighbor in Alabama used to drink bourbon and Tab--now that is yucky.

I literally almost hurled just reading about TAB and BOURBON!! EWWWW!!!

Remember those parties in college where they'd mix the drinks in a large trash can? I *VAGUELY* remember having some kind of Bailey's and Apple Scnapps concoction at one of those....NASTY!

SML

Grain Alcohol and Grape Koolaid.

"Gotch," grape soda and scotch. My brother invented this drink when we were in high school and just didn't know any better.

Tang and Vodka was a college standby...my room mates and I used to toast to Wally Lamb when drinking these. Very "she's come undone."

cheap puerto rican rum and iced tea made forma can.

it actually didn't taste that bad, as i recall.

my roommate's been drinking green apple vodka mixed with mango gatorade. she says it tastes good - i haven't gotten around to trying it.

Edited by tryska (log)

called "purple passion" where I went to school. I think people actually dropped dead from drinking it. LOL

We used to add fruit to it (usually some orange slices and strawberries) and it was called P.J., short for Purple Jesus. Used either grape Kool-Aid or strawberry. Sort of a cheap college version of sangria.

called "purple passion" where I went to school. I think people actually dropped dead from drinking it. LOL

We called this concotion "Purple Jesus" - I don't know why.

Another college cocktail - Tab and Vodka - for the calorie conscious.

If you can't act fit to eat like folks, you can just set here and eat in the kitchen - Calpurnia