• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

6 hours ago, teonzo said:

Some of those molds are almost impossible to get right without a cooling tunnel.

I was thinking that a cooling tunnel (along with perfect temper) would be the answer but didn't want to look like a smart aleck for suggesting it.  Especially since my reply wasn't going to be a through as teonzo's answer.  

curls

curls

1 hour ago, teonzo said:

Some of those molds are almost impossible to get right without a cooling tunnel.

I was thinking that a cooling tunnel (along with perfect temper) would be the answer but didn't want to look like a smart aleck for suggesting it.  Especially since my reply wasn't going to ge a through as teonzo's answer.  

• Similar Content

• By eglies
      Serious help please 😬
      In production of airbrushing many moulds at a time:
      Paint and scrape the mould immediately for each mould every time After scraping the mould you cant get everything off so you need to clean each mould on paper As a result paint from the edges of the mould chips off  Please see picture attached and if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  
      Any tricks on scraping and cleaning moulds after airbrush when in production.

Thank you
      Egli

• By SilverstoneBakehouse
      Hey Guys,

I have just managed to acquire two secondhand 2016 Selmi One's at a good price, but they did not come with operator manuals. Since the very first thing I want to do is give them as thorough a clean as I can, I feel having access to a manual is vital, and yet I don;t seem able to find one online. As such, I have reached out to the UK agent, but thought I would also ask here if anyone has a digital copy they could ping me?

I'm really excited to have purchased these two Selmi's following some outside investment in my chocolate racing helmet business. Also within the next couple of days, both Mario Andretti and Fernando Alonso will be tasting my creations, which if you know anything about motorsport, is kind of a big deal

Cheers guys!

Matthew

• By chows
      I've recently started making caramels and been experimenting with lots of flavors and having a blast. One thing that I am having a hard time finding information about is the role of the different ingredients and how different ratios affect the firmness of a caramel. In particular, I have an espresso caramel recipe that I can't seem to get to the soft, no-effort-while-chewing texture that I've achieved with other flavors, yet I've stuck to the same temperatures as other recipes. This leads me to believe that the ratio of ingredients is key. I was hoping I'd be able to get some insight into how to alter ingredient ratios to produce a softer caramel. 

Any help would be appreciated.
    • By eglies
      I am a new start up in chocolate making. I tried to freeze a container with my bonbons and all the caps just cracked after using my simple vacuum machine. Please help! Which containers should I use and how do you vacuum pack these containers. Anyone with a picture of the container would help.
      thank you
    • By sbain
      WANTED: Chocovision tempering machine. 

Looking for a gently used tempering machine. Anyone have one they like to sell?

thanks!