• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Storing Miso

Susan in FL

Count me as another that missed the freezing tip. I can't justify buying the stronger miso because I was afraid of not using them up quick enough ( I usually only buy shiro miso for miso soup). Now I think I'll pick up some other kind and stick it in the freezer. Thanks Hiroyuki.

Oh BTW OT I managed to comment on your blog but it never showed up. My Japanese isn't good enough to really comment or I'd try that.

Wow, ok, I missed the freezer tip as well. That is very good tip, the only miso I can get around here is in big containers and I never use the whole thing -- ever-- so it sits there. I am going to go throw it out now.

Thanks!

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child