• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good restaurants in Vancouver with private rooms?

I can't tell from your post how many people you're talking about, nor the budget constraints you may or may not be under, but I'll offer this suggestion in case it meets your needs.

There is a private dining room cum wine cellar at Pino Posteraro's Cioppino in Yaletown. It's an elegant and inviting space, with many thousands of dollars of wine lining the walls. I was there once for a meal that was designed to order, so I don't know if the same space can be reserved for "off-the-menu" dining as well. Might be.

Cioppino in Yaletown and O'Doul's on Robson both have private rooms off the main dining room. They are both dining rooms that are lined with wine cabinets (locked) :shock: I don't know how many you are wanting to dine with, but both provide lovely atmospheres for a private dinner.

Life is short, eat dessert first

It is a business dinner so we aren't too price sensitive, within reason. ie it doesn't have to be Earls but Lumiere is probably a bit too much. As for numbers, somewhere around 12 - 15 people. Cioppino sounds good - other options like that would be great. It would be useful if the Vancouver Mag restaurant guide indicated if private rooms were available. I can't be the only person that wants to find a good restaurant but have some privacy to conduct a business dinner.

Cheers,

Karole

Blue Water has a nice private dining room - brick walls and lined with wines. It could comfortably seat 10 to 12 people.

In addition to Cioppino's, other Italian/Mediterranean restaurants such as La Terraza has quite an elegant private dining room. Also, Cafe de Medici has private dining areas with audiovisual capabilities.

For private dining rooms with a view, Five Sails in the Pan Pacific has a private room overlooking the harbour with a round table. Also, the Heron Restaurant in Waterfront Hotel has a private dining room surrounded by windows.