• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nightclub & Bar's Beverage and Food Show

beans

I went in 97 (I think). It was actually a pretty good show in terms of what I learned and a great show in terms of "things I don't need or want to know anything else about". Those Sumo wrestling suits and some set up involving a wall, some velcro, and a drunk :blink: was also very popular :wink: .

I did get some great barware sources and found a very cool pos system that we later ended up buying a few of, but mainly I just stared at things I could not quite fathom and laughed alot.

I guess I am more of a "bar bar" guy and not so much of a "theme bar guy".

I realise now that I would have gotten alot more (for what I needed) at the Rest. Show in Chicago, which I would reccomend to anybody here if they don't know what goes into the purchasing/design/planning sides of serving food.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...