• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can you make fruit cookies?

herbacidal

herbacidal:

have you ever had sultana crackers? they're like Fig Newtons kind of, but a *lot* less sweet and mushy.

they rock. the outside is like a mildly-sweet soda cracker, but richer. and inside, they're chopped raisins?

unless you don't consider raisins "fruits". :laugh:

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

fig newtons

orange flavored butter or shortbread cookies (rind)

orange rind in oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies

applesauce cookies

banana chocolate chip cookies

jam thumbprint cookies

linzer cookies with jam

coconut (is it a fruit?) macaroons

add dried cherries, cranberries, raisins, currents, apricots or blueberries to all sorts of biscotti and drop cookies.

usually need the concentrated flavor of jams and preserves or dried fruit- also less moisture.

Is there something you had in mind?

And every Christmas, I make fruitcake cookies which I personally think are absolutely delicious.

:rolleyes:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I honestly don't think I've had any of these listed, except for Fig Newtons, and linzer tarts, not cookies.

Tsk tsk. Such a sheltered life.

Ah well, back to tripe and other offal things.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

And every Christmas, I make fruitcake cookies which I personally think are absolutely delicious.

:rolleyes:

And yet you tease us by not posting the recipe? Please do or email it to me! I am not ashamed to go public with my love of fruitcake.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA