• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Correction

On 10/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, scubadoo97 said:

it’s an acquired taste.   I use to hate them but learned to love them

as with many things, repeated exposure changed your perception 

I may be acquiring it.  I've tried a few other blues since my earlier post: Gorgonzola Mountain, Roquefort, Bleu d'Auvergne, Point Reyes Original Blue, and Stilton.  They're still not favorites, but I started to see their appeal when I tried them on burgers.  Roquefort surprised me since it has such a strong blue flavor, but the way that combined with the richness of the sheep's milk made it one of the blues I liked best.  Also liked Gorgonzola Mountain better than the others I've tried.  Didn't care for Stilton, but maybe sometime in the future I'll give it another try.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

On 10/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, scubadoo97 said:

it’s an acquired taste.   I use to hate them but learned to love them

as with many things, repeated exposure changed your perception 

I may be acquiring it.  I've tried a few other blues since my earlier post: Gorgonzola Mountain, Roquefort, Bleu d'Auvergne, Port Reyes Original Blue, and Stilton.  They're still not favorites, but I started to see their appeal when I tried them on burgers.  Roquefort surprised me since it has such a strong blue flavor, but the way that combined with the richness of the sheep's milk made it one of the blues I liked best.  Also liked Gorgonzola Mountain better than the others I've tried.  Didn't care for Stilton, but maybe sometime in the future I'll give it another try.