• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bend Distillery

beans

When did these guys sneak into the biz? I see 1996 is incorporated into their logo. Hmmm. Not available in Ohio. :angry:

Well, anyway, I'm glad they did!

I found an article about 10 Gins not to miss [edit: oops, 12] by Robert Plotkin (Gin thread here ) and decided to look up info on Desert Juniper gin. And if found this:

Bendistillery

Not only do they produce Desert Juniper gin, but also vodka.

CRATER LAKE VODKA — 80 proof.

Filter 10 times through charcoal and crushed volcanic rock and aged slightly in new oak.

Ten times!!!!! Wow. There is a nice little section on vodka -- ingredients, distillation (center cut) and resulting taste.

http://www.bendistillery.com/clv.htm

Other than the Desert Juniper gin they have a Cascade Mountain gin

And check out their Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka!!! Yum.

I really look forward to sampling these products, especially in one of the handful of States that sell their product (mostly the PNW).

Anyone try these?

Edited by beans (log)

I've tried the Cascade Mountain, which I described in this post in an earlier Martini thread, but not the Desert Juniper. The Cascade Mountain was very good -- smooth (especially considering it's 95 proof) with a definite but subtle juniper note. I'd forgotton about it -- I'll have to go out and buy another bottle, with one of the Desert Juniper to compare.