• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG TV PROGRAM SCHEDULE

Mabelline

The Odd Couple: SobaAddict and Mrs. Dash

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OK... that one made me spit.

How about:

"Knife Nut Duels"

"The SSB Hour" (Brought to you by NoDoz.)

"In search of..." (First episode: "The Perfect Pot")

"The Cauliflower Power Hour"

this is fun

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

I could always watch the All-Julia Network, but I also want more Iron Chef.

But I want an Iron Chef show where they teach tecniques. Hey why not? That crazy hilarious dubbing worked before! :wink:

Oh yeah, and another thing. Since we have to have programming after 10pm, I vote for a De Laurentiis version of "The Naked Chef"

Edited by NickMach007 (log)

Coming Soon on ABN!

6 hours a day of The Simpsons, with focus on any episode containing monkeys or references to monkeys (always a mark of quality).

All New Episodes of The Wire (best thing on television) twice a week.

Ditto The Shield.

Frequent Blackadder, Chef, Sandbaggers, Boiling Point marathons.

Errol Morris "Doc Block"

Next season's Sopranos episodes--all of them--premier all at once--no waiting.

My Country My Kitchen--including The Missing Episodes (Ramsay, Ripert)-

New Series!"FILM JUNKIE" with Host, Martin Scorcese. This week:The Magnificent Ambersons with Miraculously Restored Missing Footage: Director's Cut. Next Week: Apocalypse Now--Milius Opening Scene, Harvey Keitel as Corporal Willard.

New Series! "EXPLOITATION!" with Host Questin Tarantino. This Week: Quentin introduces yet another film he gleefully ripped off: Ringo Lam's "City On Fire" Next Week: Dolomite series begins.

New Reality Series Pilot: "Donald Trump Gets His Head Shaved--and His Stupid, Self-Satisfied Face Pushed In By Tweaking Crackheads"

And on ABN2: Live feed from the Halliburton grand jury proceedings.

abourdain

Next Week: Dolomite series begins.

Dolomite would make an excellent host on the Food Network:

You could call the show "THe Signifying Chef".

Dolomite cooking and cussing his ass off for thirty minutes at a crack would be really funny and draw in a whole new demographic for Food Network.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

BTW, he has his own web site. Its one of my favorites.

http://www.dolemite.com

http://www.cobraverde.com/images/photos/RM.jpg

And yeah, some of those blaxploitation stars would make AWESOME cooking show hosts. I'd love to see one with Isaac Hayes, dressed up as "Chef" from South Park, his cartoon alter ego.

BTW Isaac has his own barbeque restaurant at the Peabody Mall in Memphis, TN. Anyone know if its good or not?

http://www.clubisaachayes.com/

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

A whole series on different religious food observances. This is a serious suggestion.

Dead Rock Stars' Favorite Indulgences

Alaska Foods and Cabin Fever Relief

Kitchen Confidential---The Movie

Tantric Foods With Sting (make one meal last for hours)

I will be writing the first few episodes of the "Okra Hour" over the weekend and submitting them to the guys on programming on Monday. Hopefully we can take a few meetings and do some lunches and after my people talk to their people we can get this thing into a summer replacement spot.

I see big money in syndication. Okra residuals are a big part of my retirement planning and I am counting on egullet to help me out here.

Just dropping you a note to let you know you are pencilled in for a 9 am meeting on Monday with the High Priestess of Prograamming...Queen fifi Ist. :raz::biggrin:

OKRA? OKRA? Off with his pods! er... I mean... um... Yeah... pods.

Ah... It is good to be Queen.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

I'd love to see one with Isaac Hayes, dressed up as "Chef" from South Park, his cartoon alter ego.

:laugh::laugh:

Sheer genius.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs