• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG TV PROGRAM SCHEDULE

Mabelline

There are no paid program hours. No dead spots on days not a damn thing is on anywhere else. There are no commercials. The first one who mentions someone detested by the majority cleans the break room for a week (oh, yeah, it could get ugly). So go for it!!!

Cool. You come up with the 10 million or so needed to start this thing up, and I'm all over it. :laugh:

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

That's what Billionaires are for. We need a bunch of good food programs, though. I feel confident everyone on this site has thought of someone they like to have with a show. After all, virtual reality is only one word different from reality. Visualize whirled peas!!

Jason, you , FG, and several others are on the board already.

Edited by Mabelline (log)

Here's one suggestion to start some thinkers going. A group of separate series on ethnic cooking. Not like Bobby Flay goes to a Pueblo and eats one dish, but each ethnicity having a series, with an in depth look at a cuisine. Native American with different tribes, Susira's Himalayan,Australian.

10 EPISODE SERIES BY eBulliman (then I'll know what youall are so passionate about at least, because I've never seen anything he was on, and I damn sure can't afford his book, but I'm dying to see it to experience it.)

Ditto on the klinksmoke. With contributing guest host uncle ted for the game shows (see, Tommy, I got him in there) And for everyshow, one OeG'er (Original eGer) wins an all expense paid trip to chow.

Varmints Vittles.

Mayhaw Man's Luzianne

[i vote for JCTV -- all Julia, all the time.

When are they going to issue the original French Chef series on DVD? Over at Amazon.com, on rare occasions when you're looking for a DVD, if it isn't available on DVD they have a radio button you can click to indicate that you want it on DVD.

They say that they'll let the appropriate people know that there is a demand for the show on DVD.

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

I'd seriously like to do some egCI units using a webcam....

or maybe with an interactive chatroom

The problem is that much cooking is waiting about, compared to TV shows

("here is one I prepared earlier")...FIve hour leg of lamb is pretty dull for 4 3/4 hours...

I vote for JCTV -- all Julia, all the time.

I could go for JJN also -- the Jacques and Julia Network.

There's about 700 episodes of St. Julia's various shows--enough for a month of 24-hour broadcasting.

Works for me.

I'd like to see Deborah Madison get a show.

"I think it's a matter of principle that one should always try to avoid eating one's friends."--Doctor Dolittle

blog: The Institute for Impure Science

:cool:

Damn.  I'd ante up at competitive pay-per-view rates to see Nightscotsman do desserts, or watch Guajolote build a mole, or or or...

:wink:

Klink smoke :wub::wub::wub:

Butt, brisket, whatever. He is word.

Klink! Klink! Klink!

/holds up brule torch, starts wave

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

I will be writing the first few episodes of the "Okra Hour" over the weekend and submitting them to the guys on programming on Monday. Hopefully we can take a few meetings and do some lunches and after my people talk to their people we can get this thing into a summer replacement spot.

I see big money in syndication. Okra residuals are a big part of my retirement planning and I am counting on egullet to help me out here.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

I will be writing the first few episodes of the "Okra Hour" over the weekend and submitting them to the guys on programming on Monday. Hopefully we can take a few meetings and do some lunches and after my people talk to their people we can get this thing into a summer replacement spot.

I see big money in syndication. Okra residuals are a big part of my retirement planning and I am counting on egullet to  help me out here.

Whew! For a minute there I thought you said Oprah! :blink::biggrin:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Here are my programming suggestions:

As mentioned in the Robb Walsh Q&A a show called "You ARE Really Gonna Eat That!" where Robb travels the earth forcing four star chefs to acknowledge the wonders of barbeque.

Tony Bourdain's "Fuckin' A!" an offshoot of "A Cook's Tour" where Tony finds great food, drinks too much and sits around saying, "This is so f*ing good" before passing out.

A special version of "Top 10" where 10 celebrity chefs each week come on and kick Mark Summers in the groin.

Jon Stewart replaces the hosts of "Best Of."

My own series, "Chad says 'Put it in your mouth!'" Needless to say, it would have to be shown after 10:00pm :shock:.

Chad

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com