• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An American Grill Wine Dinner 4/21

Rosie

Since I'm now working  (:smile:) in Southeast NY (Orangeburg), getting to Randolph after work shouldn't be a problem, but Helena wouldn't be coming since it's a little far for her to drive (plus she has another group that's meeting that evening).

So, assuming the menu is ok (no pork, no shellfish), count me in as one.

Can't attest to pork and shellfish as Lou is doing the menu. I'll put you down as a maybe.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I doubt I'll serve pork. I might served prawns but It'd be only one course or the prawns might be served with let's just say risotto so we'll be able to make it without shellfish. I'll post a 1st draft of the menu come mid-march. It might change slightly based on what's seasonal. The wine will be posted at the same time.

The cost will be between $65-80 including tax & gratuity based once again on seasonal items.

Lou

Rosie, how many we have? Phil and his salesperson that handles my account are coming.

I'm going to open this up to some of my regulars at The Grill also. Anywhere from 6-10. I'll wait til mid-March to inform them as I'd love to make this a pure egullet event but I don't want to piss off some of my customers that have been asking if I'll do a tasting. I have some lurkers that dine with us and have yet to post here. Is that correct Wayne & Gil? :cool:

Edited by Lreda (log)

Knowing I could not commit to the 21st, I took a friend last night for her b-day celebration. The evening could not have been more perfect!

I started with Mussels and Clams in a to die for broth...I am lying, I started with the bread basket... and moved onto the clams/mussels after a warm up of cherry tomatoes, olives, and a toasted/grilled bread hiding under a ragot (perhaps)...

The birthday gril had the shrimp risotto to start.

Bar-b-q swordfish for me, and a salmon (hard to remember which one and it was from a hard to narrow choice)... heaven was reinvented.

of course there was dessert...cinnamon icecream cake and a flan (I think...it disappared so fast)...restock the chocolate chip mint icecream cake!

Service as professional and warm as a dream come true on an icy snowy night that took me out from Ridgewood (Birthday lady lives in Rockaway).

My heart will be with thee all on the 21st!

PS: Cosmos with the bread basket made for a perfect start!

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

I'm going to open this up to some of my regulars at The Grill also. Anywhere from 6-10. I'll wait til mid-March to inform them as I'd love to make this a pure egullet event but I don't want to piss off some of my customers that have been asking if I'll do a tasting. I have some lurkers that dine with us and have yet to post here. Is that correct Wayne & Gil? :cool:

As a Grill regular (who soon should be eligible for an equity position in the place) and a new lurker that Lou was referring to- this is my first post! Have heard of some of Lou's egullet experiences and look forward to joining you all one day! So Lou, for the 21st, which category am I- egullett crew or Grill regular!

Put me down as a definite 1 and hopefully 2 depending on wifey's schedule. This should be a great one - looking forward to it! :smile:

so rock if wifey can't make it and johnnybird is in norway - you can be my date :laugh::laugh::laugh:

but you're on your own at the showplace - unless lou and tommy go

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

[ So Lou, for the 21st, which category am I- egullett crew or Grill regular!

Since you are officially a member now, I guess you're a egullet crew. Can't wait for your 1st review. Then again you didn't let me down when you were on my cooking show.

Put me down as a definite 1 and hopefully 2 depending on wifey's schedule. This should be a great one - looking forward to it! :smile:

so rock if wifey can't make it and johnnybird is in norway - you can be my date :laugh::laugh::laugh:

but you're on your own at the showplace - unless lou and tommy go

Be very careful of what you wish for... :blink::blink::blink:

A.D.S.

• 2 weeks later...