• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Howdy folks!

Rustmeister

Hi everybody!.

For those who don't know me (or haven't seen me in a few years), my name is Rusty and I'm a beer guy.

I used to hang out in Prodigy Classic way, way back in the day. I left at the "urging" of my (now ex) wife, but as you can see, my priorities are set straight again. :biggrin:

I've retired from the Army now, and no longer live in El Paso. Memphis is now my home. Lew used to refer to "beer hell Texas"....guess what, Tennessee's not a whole lot better. Lucky I have a few other states close by.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

Rusty, in El Paso, now simply known as Rust.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

Rusty, in El Paso, now simply known as Rust.

hi Rust! is it true you never sleep? (reference to Neil Young album... :smile: )

if you'd like, you can ask a board admin to move this post to Member Bios.

welcome to eGullet!

gus

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

Hiya, Rust!

Rusty achieved a Days of Barleywine and Roses first last year by posting a tasting note on Stone's Arrogant Bastard. The ale had been reviewed in prior tastings, certainly, but never had a reviewer done it solo with a 3 liter bottle.

Rick

Chris,

Does A Co., 326 Engineer Bn sound familiar? I was there 82-84.

Rust

A co 2-502 Infantry 88-92....I assume then you and I have eaten and had some fine brew's and many of the same places along 41a!

Good to hear from a Brother Screaming Eagle!

Did they have Pizza Rabbit with the "Kitchen Sink" pizza when you were there...We used to pool our money and get them for barracks party's

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Hmmm, along 41a I hung out at the Red Carpet, JoAnn's, and the Red Lion. There used to be one (Jason's) up across the KY line, but he sold out to adult entertainment folks. I liked the Lion the best, because it was built beside a chinese food place and you could order from the bar. Best teriyaki steak in town!

We also used to go tho the Library lounge and hit on college girls, but that usually wound up with us having to hit college guys instead.

I don't remember the pizza place. We used to get Dominoes for free all the time because they never could get to the barracks on time. :wink:

I plan on heading up that way some time this year, just to look around and maybe go grab a schnitzel (and a couple of shotguns) at the Rod & Gun club.

Laters,

Rust

• 3 weeks later...

And another 'howdy yall' from Austin, Texas!

I work for a small micro here in Texas(Saint Arnold), and have posted mainly on the food side, but since this post will mark my milestone 20th post (woohoo!), I thought I'd bring it over here in the beer dept.

Cheers!

Frank in Austin