• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Chicken en Mole

Anyone got any ideas?

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

D'ya mean which restaurant to order it in? La Carta de Oaxaca, hands down.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Ohhhh, I really want to go to La Carta da Oaxca after reading the other posts about that place....

I'm by no means a mole expert, but I've tried the mole sauce a half dozen times or so at Burrito Loco in Crown Hill and I think it's pretty damn good (and the ceviche is really, truly excellent).

We don't post much about this place, but I really like the food and the attitude in that restaurant.

It's at 9211 Holman Road. There's also an outlet in U Village, but I've only eaten there once or twice.

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Ohhhh, I really want to go to La Carta da Oaxca after reading the other posts about that place....

I'm by no means a mole expert, but I've tried the mole sauce a half dozen times or so at Burrito Loco in Crown Hill and I think it's pretty damn good (and the ceviche is really, truly excellent).

We don't post much about this place, but I really like the food and the attitude in that restaurant.

It's at 9211 Holman Road. There's also an outlet in U Village, but I've only eaten there once or twice.

I also like Burrito Loco. I go to both since I live fairly near U Village, but I prefer the Holman location for food/atmoshphere. The people at both are really nice. I really like their tortas, chiles rellenos, and coctel de camarones. Their mole is usually quite good and there salsa verde rocks. They also have posole on the weekends that's pretty good--although the quality varies on this.

Where and what's good at La Carta de Oaxaca? I'd be interested in trying it with others if it's good. I really miss good Mexican.

Jan

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

Si, Donde es La Carta de Oaxca? (Ok...that's all the spanish I know...)

Thanks!

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

La Carte de Oaxaca is in Ballard on Old Ballard Ave. 5431 Ballard Avenue NW is the address. My favorite things were the mole and the posole. Actually, the posole was worth the trip alone. The tacos were good too. I'd love to go back if anyone is interested.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

...I'm by no means a mole expert, but I've tried the mole sauce a half dozen times or so at Burrito Loco in Crown Hill and I think it's pretty damn good (and the ceviche is really, truly excellent).

oh the memories...

It was Exactly 2 years ago (Feb 11) we had our 2nd PNW eG dinner held at none other than Burrito Loco on Holman Road... girlchow organized the event, but unfortunately was ill and couldn't make it. It was mamster, laurie, me, hubby, col klink and batgirrrl.

Ledlund, I would love to meet you at La Carte de Oaxca anytime . Anyone else game? I would love a good mole.

Edited by Blue Heron (log)

If I'm not working, I'm there! :laugh:

(most likely, Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday)

Edited by Fay Jai (log)

I'd love to try it out! I could make it Monday or Wednesday for either lunch or dinner. I'm also available for lunch on Tuesday or Thursday.

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

La Carta is open only for dinner. Neither LEdlund nor I will be available Sun/Mon. Would Wednesday evening work? I'm looking forward to going back!

Edited by MsRamsey (log)

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

La Carta is open only for dinner. Neither LEdlund nor I will be available Sun/Mon. Would Wednesday evening work? I'm looking forward to going back!

Wednesday evening sounds good to me. Count me in.:smile:

Jan

Seattle, WA

So it sounds like dinner Wednesday night works. How about 6:00 PM?

So far I think the attendees are:

Fay Jai

Sea Gal

MsRamsey

DRColby and his wife

Ledlund

Blue Heron

Laurel and Joe

Anyone else?

I don't know if the take reservations per se, but I will want to call and give them a heads up we're coming.

Edited to add Blue Heron, Laurel and Joe.

Edited by LEdlund (log)

add my wife, LEdlund!

Man, am I looking forward to this! Whoo Hoo! (Homer Simpson voice...)

Thankee!

Edited by Fay Jai (log)

lol :laugh:

Has anyone else noticed a decline in quality at Burrito Loco? I was a regular for years and it was consistantly delicious, but my past two visits (in the last year or so) have been really unremarkable. Nothing, down to both salsas that come with chips (they were watery and bland), was as good as it used to be. I am hoping I just got unlucky twice.

Could we make it a little earlier on Wednesday, say 5 or 5:30 p.m.; my wife has7:30 chior pratice in des Moines?

dave

5pm or 5:30pm Wed. would be ok for me.

I work downtown and I get off at 5:00. At the earliest I could get there at 5:30 (depending on traffic) but people can always show up earlier and I can join in when I get there.