• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite places to dine

Robb, is it hard for you to have a favorite restaurant? Is there a place you like to dine at frequently, or are you not able to go to many places frequently because you have a job to do?

What is a place you wished you could eat at more often?

I was really thinking from a Houston standpoint of course.

PS I always anticipate your reviews.

Edited by jscarbor (log)

I have to keep eating at different restaurants, but that's not really such a hardship. I do have a few regular stops. I hit Droubi's on Hillcroft at least once a week for fresh out of the oven pita and homemade lebni, although I usually get the food to go. (They sell Italian mortadella for $3.99 a pound, it's $6.99 at Central Market.)

I like to take out of town visitors to Hong Kong City Mall. After a tour of the food court and Hong Kong supermarket, we go to Ocean Palace for dim sum. They serve it everyday and its very good. I go to A Dong on Bellaire in the summer for the cuttlefish and the jellyfish salad--great hot weather food.

By the way, I suspect at 75,000 square feet, Hong Kong supermarket may be the largest Asian grocery in the United States. Anyone know of anything bigger?