• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Okra

Mayhaw Man

No!!!

But then again I don't know if I have ever had okra prepared the right way.

There are no wrong ways to prepare okra, it's just that some ways are better than others. :wink:

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Eh. S'okay sometimes.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

37Y to 17N

1 sometimes (Jinmyo can vote any way she wants to. She's funny and that counts for quite a bit at my polling place)

37Y to 17N

1 sometimes (Jinmyo can vote any way she wants to. She's funny and that counts for quite a bit at my polling place)

/curtsies, slips, tips over, rolls, hits head against wall

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

37Y to 17N

/curtsies, slips, tips over, rolls, hits head against wall

Jin,

You must realize that I am from a family in Louisiana with a long history in both the legislatures in Texas and Louisiana (great grandfather-Senate and House-Texas) (grandfather Senate-Louisiana). Any vote counting that I do should be considered highly suspect, as I will genetically tend to alter the results in favor of my candidate. :wink::laugh:

If there were any dead people or prisoners on egullet I would gladly add those into my total as well.

YES. YES. A thousand pods yes...

Nikki Hershberger

An oyster met an oyster

And they were oysters two.

Two oysters met two oysters

And they were oysters too.

Four oysters met a pint of milk

And they were oyster stew.