• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Midlife

Midlife

On 7/29/2022 at 12:05 AM, pastameshugana said:

Can someone identify this pasta shape? This is from one of my favorite food YouTubers (sounds like a modern root vegetable). Mikey Chen AKA Strictly Dumpling. Normally his food tours trend toward Asian street food, but he's posted several videos recently from Italy. This shape looks fun:

1036886144_ScreenShot2022-07-29at9_00_41AM.thumb.png.bf8d74468fd9366636059bd139ba5cbb.png

Also, as a side note, this topic makes me a little sad, because it's one of the ones started by Fat Guy that still lives on. It was 15 years ago, living in India, when I bought his book and got hooked on eGullet. It was such a joy to follow him, as he'd talk about walking around to 'build up a calorie deficit' before a big meal. I still use that excuse! Sorry for the topic swerve.

The bag I have says “Gigli”; Google also says “Campanelle’ and “Riccioli”. The shape is a bit ‘fussy’ for my taste but my 5 year-old granddaughter loved them. 

Midlife

Midlife

On 7/29/2022 at 12:05 AM, pastameshugana said:

Can someone identify this pasta shape? This is from one of my favorite food YouTubers (sounds like a modern root vegetable). Mikey Chen AKA Strictly Dumpling. Normally his food tours trend toward Asian street food, but he's posted several videos recently from Italy. This shape looks fun:

1036886144_ScreenShot2022-07-29at9_00_41AM.thumb.png.bf8d74468fd9366636059bd139ba5cbb.png

Also, as a side note, this topic makes me a little sad, because it's one of the ones started by Fat Guy that still lives on. It was 15 years ago, living in India, when I bought his book and got hooked on eGullet. It was such a joy to follow him, as he'd talk about walking around to 'build up a calorie deficit' before a big meal. I still use that excuse! Sorry for the topic swerve.

The bag I have says “Gigli”; Google also says “Campanelle’. The shape is a bit ‘fussy’ for my taste but my 5 year-old granddaughter loved them.