• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

coke or pepsi?

reesek

I don't drink Pepsi or Coke anymore - gone off of it since I had a gastric bypass, but when I did, I preferred Pepsi.  It tasted less sweet to me.  I didn't want any flavors adulterating it, though - no cherry or vanilla and certainly no cinnamon!  Now, even though I shouldn't, I drink Mt. Dew.  (Answering for @Shelby, too 😁).  

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Neither of us drink soda, but I buy an awful lot of Cokes.  An unwritten Mexican law requires homeowners to provide Cokes to workers at least twice a day when they are working at your home.  And they must be sugared Cokes; when we first moved here I added some Diet Cokes to the mix and all went unopened.  

Pepsi is unknown here.  

Dr. Pepper is generally my first choice... but between Pepsi and Coke, I prefer Pepsi for the plain stuff and Coke for the flavored. For whatever reason, the vanilla and cherry versions seem to work better with Coke. Honestly though, I don't drink as much of any of them as I used to.

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.