• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suspicious Tuna

Liza

I don't know. I think it's great if getting good produce is not only important to you but possible for you.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

I don't know. I think it's great if getting good produce is not only important to you but possible for you.

yeah great, but liza *does* spend an inordinate amount of time at the farmer's market. and if she's not there, she's on egullet talking about it.   :raz:

Lord kelp us.

Oh my Cod.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Ah, baloney.

At the risk of being skinned, I thought that I would throw in my $.02.  I first saw the tuna I believe Liza described a few years ago and said "what is up with that tuna."  I was then subjected to a long discourse on a new process of flash freezing tuna that also involves preservatives made from smoke.  Sort of a cold smoking without the smoke flavor.  I've eaten it and if you get past the unreal color it is not too bad.  There is a lot of it on the market now because big fish mongers bought tons of the stuff after sept 11 as fresh tuna was not making it the states.  Since they bought in serious bulk, and the tuna shortage was, well, short, they still have a lot of product to move.

I assure you this is true and I am not just full abalone.

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to read this thread is like looking at a painting by a Pollack. Surimi couldn't help meself.

If you've been keeping up with Liza's posts, Jinmyo, you should know that the correct apology is "I'm very sorrell for being saucy."  Not that I mean to pollack you about it, or anything.

In the words of the immortal Bugs Bunny...

screw.gifball.gif

:biggrin:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

• 2 months later...
Bravo!

... to MYoung, for both creating a serious post about the actual topic and remaining punny at the same time.

{my punning sucks, I can't think of anything!}

Yes, MYoung. It's a great thread. I've been keeping up just for the halibut.

But, MYoung. What is your avatar? I can't figure it out. Somehow it looks vaguely obscene. Do you live alone?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Egad. Look what's come bobbing belly-up from the bog. The stench is giving me a haddock.