• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

On 2/11/2020 at 4:53 PM, scubadoo97 said:

Going out for Valentine’s Day is for suckers.  I usually cook at home for that holiday.  I’ll be bachloring  it solo as my wife is at a sewing retreat.   Probably will make something she doesn’t like 

Valentine's Day in general is for suckers, but when one is in a relationship with a person much less cynical than oneself, one makes a nice dinner, at the very least. In her benevolence and understanding, Ms. Alex granted me permission to play pickleball on Friday night, so Saturday will probably be a seafood melange (lobster tail meat, Gulf shrimp, scallop) in a tarragon-butter sauce, pan-roasted Brussels sprouts, and oven-roasted potatoes.

ETA: Sprouts will be finished with dill and Maldon salt. Potatoes will be seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Hungarian paprika, and piment d'Espelette. Wine will be a new-to-me chardonnay from Argentina..

Alex

Alex

Going out for Valentine’s Day is for suckers.  I usually cook at home for that holiday.  I’ll be bachloring  it solo as my wife is at a sewing retreat.   Probably will make something she doesn’t like 

Valentine's Day in general is for suckers, but when one is in a relationship with a person much less cynical than oneself, one makes a nice dinner, at the very least. In her benevolence and understanding, Ms. Alex granted me permission by to play pickleball on Friday night, so Saturday will probably be a seafood melange (lobster tail meat, Gulf shrimp, scallop) in a tarragon-butter sauce, pan-roasted Brussels sprouts, and oven-roasted potatoes.

ETA: Sprouts will be finished with dill and Maldon salt. Potatoes will be seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Hungarian paprika, and piment d'Espelette. Wine will be a new-to-me chardonnay from Argentina..

Alex

Alex

Valentine's Day in general is for suckers, but when one is in a relationship with a person much less cynical than oneself, one makes a nice dinner, at the very least. In her benevolence and understanding, Ms. Alex granted me permission by to play pickleball on Friday night, so Saturday will probably be a seafood melange (lobster tail meat, Gulf shrimp, scallop) in a tarragon-butter sauce, pan-roasted Brussels sprouts, and oven-roasted potatoes.

ETA: Sprouts will be finished with dill and Maldon salt. Potatoes will be seasoned with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Hungarian paprika, and piment d'Espelette. Wine will be a new-to-me chardonnay from Argentina..

Alex

Alex