• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cajun Country

mildbore

I am putting this into Louisiana Food and Reviews in "Food and Media" but I thought that it would be appropriate to link it to this thread. A contributing writer for the Picayune, Mary Tutwiler, has written an excellent article about "meat and threes" in South Central Louisiana. I have written several times about the abundance of great, cheap lunch places in that part of the world and she has done a good job of writing about a number of them. Plate Lunch Paradise is neatly accompanied by my friend David Grundfeld's fine photography work. David is a world class photographer and were the world right he would be selling this stuff somewhere besides the Picayune. You have to click on the "today's photos" line to get to them, but it's worth the trouble.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...