• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moroccan Cooking/Restaurants - NYC

Bruce S

Has anyone been to Tagine @ 39th and 9th recently? It's always seemed like people go there for the belly-dancing and not the food, but if it was not good, that would be strange as that stretch of 9th Avenue dependably yields at least one superlative restaurant of every nationality (except Indian as it were) and that place has been around seemingly forever...

If not Tagine then where?

P.S. Can't stand belly-dancing...

I'm in the opposite camp from Raji...I just started taking bellydance classes and I'd like to see a pro to get some inspiration. Anyone have recommendations for a place with good food and bellydancing?

OK I just read that Tagine is a favorite restaurant of Julia Stiles, who also happens to be a big Mets fan too. So I'm gonna check it out - surely someone else has been?

Is Julia a belly dancer there?

Edited by chefzadi (log)

I can be reached via email chefzadi AT gmail DOT com

Dean of Culinary Arts

Ecole de Cuisine: Culinary School Los Angeles

http://ecolecuisine.com