• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"The Art of Ice Creams and Sorbets"

tan319

I'm writing this quick before I head to work.

I received this e-mail this morning from chipsbooks.com.

Pricey but I'm sure worth it.

Art of Ice Cream and Sorbets—l'Art de la Glace et des Sorbets

by Emmanuel Ryon, Joël Bellouet and Jean-Michel Perruchon

French Edition with separate English Translation volume (2-volume set):

http://www.chipsbooks.com/artglace.htm

I think it covers savory ideas too.

2317/5000

Is there some reason you have to buy both?

since the french book is about 400 pages, and the two books together is only 540 pages. I'm guessing you have to buy both if you want the photos.

Mike

The Dairy Show

Special Edition 3-In The Kitchen at Momofuku Milk Bar

I had a chance to look through this book when we were doing ice creams and it looks amazing. A very scientific and creative approach to frozen desserts of all kinds. Now that there is an English translation of the text available, it's going near the top of my list for when I get some money. Thanks for the notice, Ted!

• 1 month later...

I just got this in the mail today. The price was painful, but I went for it, along with Robert Oppeneder's Dessert Art book.

I was hoping the technology section would be more than 5 pages, but at first glance everything looks very detailed. You get the whole book in French, then a soft-bound 140 paged book in English and black and white pictures. The Dessert Art book is even more gorgeous, with English translation immediately following German instructions. So far I am happy with my purchases.

P.S. Ted - there are 7 savory recipes in the ice cream book, can't say I'll make them (crayfish ice cream), but interesting to read! K

I just got this in the mail today. The price was painful, but I went for it, along with Robert Oppeneder's Dessert Art book.

I was hoping the technology section would be more than 5 pages, but at first glance everything looks very detailed. You get the whole book in French, then a soft-bound 140 paged book in English and black and white pictures. The Dessert Art book is even more gorgeous, with English translation immediately following German instructions. So far I am happy with my purchases.

P.S. Ted - there are 7 savory recipes in the ice cream book, can't say I'll make them (crayfish ice cream), but interesting to read! K

You LUCKY DARN PERSON!!! :biggrin:

I hope you dig it.

Yet another book to soak my bucks up.

But with the way I'm selling ice cream and sorbets now, it could be a great investment , eh?

Thanks for posting about it,'K

P.S.

Crayfish Ice cream with some kind of a grits cake?

with some egg whites folded into to the grits, to get it to souffle?

That could be boss!

Sorry, I just finished 11 hours, I'm kind of wired :blink:

2317/5000