• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

David Burke & Donatella

NY News Team

Had my first meal at DB townhouse on 2/13 and was a bit disappointed. While I love the decor, we were put off my the 30 minute wait for our 9:30 reservation and the fact that a few other couples were seated before us, though they arrived after.

The main dining room, while beautiful, is was extrememly cramped and it was annoying having servers and guests bumping into my chair every few minutes.

The food was decent, but nothing remarkable or any standouts other than the beef stroganoff which just hit the spot on that particular night.

I had high hopes of finding a new place to frequent, but unfortunately was left wanting.

I visited David Burke Townhouse (its new name) three times. I was never really satisfied, and I have finally given up. As you note, the space is extremely cramped.

I liked his new place, Fishtail, a lot better, though I would note that it too is somewhat cramped. However, service is better, and based on one visit, so is the food.