• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slow Living in the Heartland

That reminds me, there is also a Shepherd's Way Dairy in Minnesota that suffered a devastaing fire (arson).  Read about how to help here.

Hello,

Some one just emailed me this thread. I'm very new to egullet. I'm the co-leader for slow food wisconsin southeast and a chef. It looks like your getting some good ideas. If you need some more from Wisconsin or surounding states I or the leader could help.

Go Slow!

Chef Jack

PS Thats Sarah for passing this on!

Welcome, Chef Jack! Please share any ideas you may have. I'd love for this thread to become a living resource for all of us, going forward.

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, has anyone here heard of "The Real Dirt on Farmer John"? It's a film based on a farmer in Caledonia, Illinois.

The Real Dirt on Farmer John is a personal documentary about John Peterson, a farmer, artist, and revolutionary innovative thinker cast in rural Illinois. Filmmaker Taggart Siegel has documented John's struggle to redefine his family farm for over twenty years, witnessing the colorful drama of John's life. Photographs and home movies spanning 70 years juxtapose with dynamic recent footage

You can watch the preview at the Angelic Organics web site.

Devotay, I am very interested in the progress of your book.