• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee service for work

warwart

My current place of employment is auditioning vendors for coffee service. (Coffee is the one amenity that supposedly increases productivity and so pays for itself.)

I was thinking of starting a ‘coffee club’, as I had at other workplaces, with contributory membership. In the past, I used a cheap espresso machine, but this time I was planning on using Illy’s coffee membership program, so we’d get a good machine and good coffee.

Illy:

http://www.illyusa.com/AB1666000/webpage.c...ge_ID=110&DID=7

It was suggested the I hold off on the club till they finished their search because I might like the new coffee enough to drop the idea and because this company has no policy on clubs of any sort and wants to set one first.

Do folks have any experiences with good coffee service or alternatives at work? I’ll keep you posted on how things go here. (We’re located in lower Manhattan.) I’ve heard they have looked at Starbucks so far favorably, since it’s stronger.

warwart