• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

marijuana food

dankphishin

I've always wondered, when you make pot brownies does it smell like pot or brownies?

How long do the brownies keep?

Edited by hillvalley (log)

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Wow, the last time I saw something along that line, my buddy was carving a pumpkin with a sawz-all.  I'll have to see if I can scare up that picture...

Disturbing.

NOW this thread is finally starting to go somewhere!

Well I quit today again. Ran out. Mostly cough to much in the morning. Had a little for two weeks. Food cravings are now considerably more expensive now. Foie Gras ; new place in town ,onion soup, more cheese, dim sum, oysters. Gotta give it up.

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

All this talk has made me procur some to try this evening. I was all set to devour my cookbooks and get ahead of the week planning some specials for the coming weeks. Oh well. :wink:

Next, a roast beef sandwich with bread from Panera....and two hours staring at egullet.

in college it was wings I went to Syracuse and they had this place that had GIANT Wings, they weren't buffalo wings just huge fried chicken wings and battered dipped potato wedges they were amazing but when funds we low or it was too late for delivery we would stealthily comb the communal kitchens on other floors in our search for edibles.

Later once I had a job and all that stuff, Blue Ribbon Soho for their Pu Pu Platter, goat cheese salad & marrow bones with oxtail marmalade

Of course there's nothing better than finding leftover chinese in the fridge when you really need it.

Speaking of cooking with substances I was tempted to try making truffles from some psilocybin mushroom odds & ends I have lying around from a long past Dead Show. Thought made I could ground them up really well and mix in with the cream. Think that would work?

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

Speaking of cooking with substances I was tempted to try making truffles from some psilocybin mushroom odds & ends I have lying around from a long past Dead Show. Thought made I could ground them up really well and mix in with the cream. Think that would work?

The one variety of mushrooms that taste terrible.

I'd just choke them down separately and wash them back with beer. It's pretty likely they'll screw up the taste of anything that's being eaten for pleasure, may as well just disguise them as best you can with something cheap, and save the truffles for when you're hungry afterwards.

It's likely that anything that's been lying around since Jerry was on stage would have lost a lot of its punch, but best of luck!

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I spent a month in Amsterdam one day. Hit the coffee shops of course. Perused the "menu", selected something suitably strong sounding, smoked it, and floated down the street looking for grub. It was late in the a.m. and I hadn't had breakfast, so I stopped at a place in the Red Light District and grabbed a seat outside overlooking the canal. They had dutch pancakes with a huge selection of toppings. I ordered one with goat cheese, tomatoes, and I believe some sort of sausage (sounds more like a pizza). At this point it felt like my brain was in a vice and my eyeballs had receded to the back of my head. It also seemed as though my breakfast was taking hours to be served. An arm-sized dildo floated past me in the canal.

Finally, a pancake the size of a manhole cover appeared before me. I ate the entire thing, managed to semi-coherently ask for my check, paid up, and slept the afternoon away in my room. :wacko:

Edited by Al_Dente (log)

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I spent a month in Amsterdam one day. Hit the coffee shops of course. Perused the "menu", selected something suitably strong sounding, smoked it, and floated down the street looking for grub. It was late in the a.m. and I hadn't had breakfast, so I stopped at a place in the Red Light District and grabbed a seat outside overlooking the canal. They had dutch pancakes with a huge selection of toppings. I ordered one with goat cheese, tomatoes, and I believe some sort of sausage (sounds more like a pizza). At this point it felt like my brain was in a vice and my eyeballs had receded to the back of my head. It also seemed as though my breakfast was taking hours to be served. An arm-sized dildo floated past me in the canal.

Finally, a pancake the size of a manhole cover appeared before me. I ate the entire thing, managed to semi-coherently ask for my check, paid up, and slept the afternoon away in my room.  :wacko:

Reminds me of a tale of my travels and travails through Europe whilst on my Grande Tour (circa 1985) in college. I had purchased a couple of Space Cakes (one a chocolate brownie type confection, the other a banana bread like square) in an Amsterdam coffee shop and stashed them in my backpack for a later snack. I was riding the train to Belgium and realized I would be crossing a BORDER! I was sure the jackbooted border agents (between Belgium and the Netherlands, no less :wacko:) would be arresting me post haste when I was strip searched on the train (OK - so I panicked needlessly and had a vivid imagination), so I wolfed them both down to "destroy the evidence". I was pretty useless for the rest of that day and into part of the morning the next! :laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

The one variety of mushrooms that taste terrible.

I agree with Busboy on this one. Once, in a particularly uninspired moment, we put some on a pizza, but I recall the results were disappointing in both the culinary and psychedelic aspects.

We used to keep them frozen in the belief that would better maintain their potency, but it also made them somewhat easier to swallow. Otherwise, when thawed they quite resembled oysters in consistency.

SB (doesn't really care for oysters anymore either)

As for eating the stuff: it most definitely works, perhaps a little too well. When you smoke it, the effects are immediate and you know when to stop (it doesn't mean you will stop, but you know you should). But when you eat it, it takes quite a while. Have a brownie. Man, these things aren't working. Have another brownie. And another. Uh-oh.

So true.

I made brownies to consume before David Bowie's Glass Spider Tour, being in a rather paranoid state of mind that year. Sauteed the stuff in butter before adding to the batter & baking. You could taste the stuff & the chocolate at roughly equal intensities.

Had that fatal second brownie. By the time we got to the arena it felt like I was hooked up to electrodes from head to toe. When the Glass Spider appeared, I ran screaming from the arena & could not return. Listened to the entire show from the hallway, that was as much intensity as I could handle.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

watermelon

pineapple

cantaloupe

orange juice

oatmeal cookies

chips

chee-toes

pickles

eggo waffles

snickers bars

pretzel logs

ramen

peanut brittle

walnuts

chicken mcnuggets

french fries

onion rings

mashed potatoes

bagels with cream cheese

oreos

corn bread

hash browns

deviled eggs

beef jerky

watermelon

pineapple

cantaloupe

orange juice

oatmeal cookies

chips

chee-toes

pickles

eggo waffles

snickers bars

pretzel logs

ramen

peanut brittle

walnuts

chicken mcnuggets

french fries

onion rings

mashed potatoes

bagels with cream cheese

oreos

corn bread

hash browns

deviled eggs

beef jerky

and then what for dessert? :biggrin:

Perhaps not surprisingly, Jeremiah Tower has a couple of thoughts on this subject in his book, California Dish, at a significantly more elevated (though not necessarily more satifying) culinary level than has been yet reached on this string. In addition to the recipes for Mary Jane Butter – mix a handful of pot, two pounds butter and water to almost fill a saucepan; simmer, strain and chill, discarding the water and making cookies with the butter – he has one for consommé used as part of this menu:

Pirozhki/ -- Vodka Wyborova

Proscuitto and figs -- Niersteiner Spiegleberg Spätlese Kabinett ‘66

Consommé marijuana

Roast Beef, sauce madère – Château Beychevelle ‘62

Spinach Cream puree

Pommes de terre château

Watercress salad vinaigrette

Fraises, crème Carême -- Korbel, brut California

Coffee

Meringues

“The consommé cleared the palate, and this one, from marijuana stems soaked in a rich chicken stock, provided another level of stimulation. But not stoned: the brew takes 45 minutes to reach the brain, by which time we were on to dessert, tasting strawberries and cream as we’d never tasted them before.”

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

My dormmates in college were big stoners so they would go to all you can eat korean barbecue. There was a place near my school that had all you can korean barbecue. I think quantity was very important to them because they also went to Claim Jumper. And In N Out. Double doubles.

A friend of mine swears the reason Pizza has its own category in the Yellow Pages is so stoners can find it easily.

Dan Hicks and his HotLicks once had their own listing under Bar Fixtures in the Marin Ca. phone book 70-75 I think. Donno no I was stoned

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Back in my college days, I remember one particular food orgy after indulging in a few bong hits involving Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries, Stove Top Stuffing and Oreos...

Also while in college -- very late one night during my junior year -- I found my roommate's girlfriend in our kitchen eating a stick of butter while standing naked in front of the open refrigerator. I was speechless.

He married her a few years later.

True.

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

I used to make Atomic Peanut Butter Cookies. Using butter infused with the essence of a pound of Afghani Cannabis Indica shade leaves, I made the peanut butter cookies straight out of Joy of Cooking. One cookie was good for an incredible desire for any kind of munchies followed by several hours of technicolor dreams. :biggrin: Before one of The Who's "final tours" I dropped a tablespoon of the Afghanny ghee onto some steamed green beans. IT was a stunning experience to say the least!

Also while in college -- very late one night during my junior year -- I found my roommate's girlfriend in our kitchen eating a stick of butter while standing naked in front of the open refrigerator. I was speechless.

Because she was naked or because she was eating a stick of butter? :hmmm: