• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

J. Emanual Chocolates, Morristown

rhubarbd

They are so-so...I wouldnt compare them to the finer chocolates you can find in NYC...but in the end, they are chocolates, so I wouldn't refuse them as a gift. :biggrin:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Surprising, there is a pretty decent store in Bayonne . This it is called Al Richards. The chocolate is pretty good. Not EURO grade but quite decent. I think it is somewhat of a Bayonne landmark. Very nice people.

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!

I meant to say...think it is called Al Richards or Al Richardsons.

It's Al Richards. They used to also own "Chocolate Alley" in Avenel but that location went out of business, I believe.

And yes, Al Richards' chocolates are pretty good, and reasonably priced. And yes, a Bayonne landmark indeed.

I especially liked their chocolate covered cream cheese! (They had it at Chocolate Alley).

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

The best chocolate I have had in New Jersey--which compares very favorably with others such as Bernard Callebaut, La Maison au Chocolat, Teuscher, etc.--is Chocolatier Anais on Bloomfield Avenue in Verona, directly opposite the park. I have purchased my husband's corporate gifts there for the past two years and everyone loves and anticipates them. When I need a fix, I'll run in there for delectable truffles infused with various liqueur, dipped fruits and excellent ganache. I believe they are priced around $30 per lb.--a good price for this level of chocolate making.

They used to also own "Chocolate Alley" in Avenel but that location went out of business, I believe.

Ooops...Chocolate Alley is alive and kicking! Just found an ad they ran in a local coupon magazine for Valentine's Day.

Chocolate Alley

515 Avenel Street

Avenel

732-634-8456

The have chocolate covered strawberries and will dip any other fresh fruit by request. In fact they say "We dip anything!"

Could make for an interesting Valentine's Day!

:raz:

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne