• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining near John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)

sgschef

We are taking my daughter to JFK tonite for a flight to Israel--need to be there at 7:30pm-coming from central Jersey. Can you recommend somewhere to get dinner that is very close to the airport? The roads will probably be pretty bad by then. Thanks.

Certainly nothing to speak of in the area proximate to JFK, unless you want to do Forest Hills, about 20 minutes (w/o traffic) up the Van Wyck.

Probably better to just get to the airport (Terminal 4, I assume?) In T4 there is a place called Delancey's that could be called "acceptable" for an airport.

Don Peppe's for terrific family style souther italian. Located no more than 5 minutes from JFK near Aqueduct Race Track. The address is 13558 Lefferts Blvd. Phone number is (718) 845-7587. Just a heads up, I think it is cash only. :smile:

"These pretzels are making me thirsty." --Kramer

I second Don Pepe; a trip to the airport is not complete with out it. Sammy is right, cash only, about $40 pp.

Things to try:

Best linguini in white clam sauce

chinese chicken (not really chinese, I don't know why they call it this. Chicken with tomato sauce.)

baked clams

eggplant rolatini

you will also be pretty close (20 min) to Flushing for chinese, especially if you take the van wyck.

A friend of mine opened a restaurant in Atlantic Beach called "Park Street" that is about 10 min from JFK just over the Atlantic Beach Bridge. They are on a winter scehdule right now due to the nature of the summer resort community but will be open 7 days/week come this April 15th.

Zeman

• 2 years later...

That's LaGuardia, raji!

tgfny-

I can give you a number of suggestions, but it might help if you could provide a little more detail. Are you by yourself, or is this a business lunch? Do you have your own transportation? That sort of thing...

The most 'interesting' places are probably the Caribbean Roti shops in South Ozone Park and Jamaica, but they're pretty informal.

Post back- we'll help you narrow things down. I work in the area so I have a bunch of favorites.

aka Michael

Chi mangia bene, vive bene!

"...And bring us the finest food you've got, stuffed with the second finest."

"Excellent, sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."

Is there anything near JFK that's readily accessible if you don't have a car of your own?

In late May, 4 or 5 of us will be flying JetBlue in from Syracuse in preparation for catching an international flight that evening. We don't want to cut it at all close timewise, so we'll probably have at least 6 hours between flights. We're open to suggestions for things to do, both at the airport itself and nearby.

Oh, we'll be hauling our luggage with us, since it will all be carry-on.

MelissaH

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2