• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

High end ranges

Jason Perlow x

I'm going to revive this thread. Wolf - Subzero has come out with their new dual-fuel ranges in the last year and offer a a lot of features on them. Things that are appealing: 16,000 BTU burners with 500 BTU simmer (similar to the high/lows on the DCS but not quite as high - still a plus for me because they're offered in native LP as opposed to field converted); Dough proofing in both ovens, not just the small one; Baking stone feature with an element that brings your baking stone up in temperature so you don't have to preheat it for 90 minutes; and the most important - they're offered in kitchen appliance packages so I stand to save a lot of money by doing the Subzero fridge/Wolf Range/Wolf Outdoor Grill combo. That being said, I don't care to save the money if I'm sacrificing quality or performance.

Does anyone have any experience with these new Wolf ranges?