• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: gsquared

gsquared

This has been a beautiful glimpse into your life and SA. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Melkor, I'm looking forward to yours too.

What's wrong with peanut butter and mustard? What else is a guy supposed to do when we are out of jelly?

-Dad

Thanks, Ludja. The place we visited focused on "fireside" dinners, conducted in a boma (enclosure traditionally made of thorn trees). Mostly BBQ with the odd dish prepared in a three legged cast iron pot on or above the fire. The food was generally quite edible, and the athmosphere tremendous. I wanted to take pics to post for you but the camara batteries gave up (again) on me. We will go again as soon as it is slightly cooler and I will be sure to take pics to show you.

Gerhard Groenewald

www.mesamis.co.za

Wilderness