• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

False Advertising May Cook the Goose

beans

Importers of Belvedere and Chopin vodkas, Millenium Import Company, are fed up with Grey Goose advertising campaigns and are seeking injunctive relief against Grey Goose importer Sidney Frank Importing Company.

Millennium's federal lawsuit in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota against Sidney Frank (Case No. 03-5141 JRT/FLN), filed on August 28, 2003, accuses the makers of Grey Goose vodka of false advertising, consumer fraud, and trade libel with regard to its advertising claims, which are based upon an outdated and superceded 1998 taste test, that Grey Goose is the best tasting vodka in the world.

Meh. I somehow thought each and every marketer purports such proclamations for each and every product as 'best tasting'.

:wacko:

Yeah, isn't Miller Lite running a huge ad campaign right now touting their product as the best beer in the world, according to the "World Beer Championship" or some such?

I ignore all such claims in liquor advertising. That said, Grey Goose is my pour of choice for non-flavored vodka.

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth